[hackerspaces] Hacker Dojo

Dave Null noid23 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 20:09:18 CET 2010

In a strange bit of coincidence, I had to fly to San Jose the day this
thread started. I decided to swing by the Hacker Dojo on my way to the
hotel and check them out. Overall, its a really cool space. They have
a lots of office space thats designed to be used for collaboration on
projects, a room set up for breaking things with tools, and they just
built a few private meeting rooms for folks working on things they
dont want public just yet (also useful for folks like myself who are
just plain loud). They have a loft area set up as well that's used for
parties. There was an Android Users Group meeting going on up there at
the time so I didnt get to explore as much as I wanted. All of the
folks I interacted with there were really cool people. There seemed to
be a healthy mix of ages and backgrounds there too.

Sadly, that was my last trip to the bay area for a while so I'm bummed
that I only now realized that they were there..

-noid

PGP Key ID: 0x0517358E
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they
are free" - Goethe