[hackerspaces] Announcement: Scandinavian hackerspace IRC meeting this Sunday

Jens Christian Hillerup jens at hillerup.net
Wed Jan 6 20:51:37 CET 2010

Hey all,

On Sunday the 10th of January 2010 at 19:00 UTC+1(*) there will be an
IRC meeting in #scanhack on the IRC server "labitat.dk" (that is, no
"irc.") using SSL on port 6697. You can also use our webchat here: https://labitat.dk:9000/
  -- but instead of #labitat put in #scanhack as the channel name. The
meeting will be in English, so curious people are *more* than welcome
to join.

The point is to discuss a possible meetup for Scandinavian
hackerspaces this summer, as well as trying to establish a umbrella
organization comprising of the hackerspaces in (but not necessarily
limited to) Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Greenland
and Denmark. The idea is that if we organize on a cross-border scale
we'll be able to raise money "on a EU scale" and have various import
agreements (Mate, Mate, Mate), for example.

The meetup next summer should include talks on starting and
maintaining hackerspaces, as well as general hacker talks and workshops.

Disclaimer: Please note that all of this are *my* ideas of what is
going to happen, if you have something to add, think I have it all
wrong, or want to object to anything, then by all means come talk to
me/us on Sunday :-)

Here goes the agenda (as it looks right now -- if you want to discuss
something, please add it: http://piratepad.net/hOsuh3vg0R):

Welcome
Quick recap of what happened at the CCC Scandinavian workshop
Discussion about ScanHack2010 (working title)
Where
When (shouldn't collide with other hacker stuff, HOPE, Defcon, CCC,
what else?)
Name (can we have "hack" in it)
Need of an IT infrastructure / Communications platform between
Scandinavian hackerspaces
Umbrella organization
Should we do it? Pros, cons?
Name
Domains in "our" possession: hackerspace.dk, hackerspaces.dk,
(hackerspace.se/no?)
Free domains: hackerspace.fi, hackerspaces.fi, hackerspaces.se,
hackerspaces.no
EU financing
Lobby work?
Should we be political?
Who wants to manage it all? It's probably a pretty serious workload;
salary?
Presentation of project ideas (add yourselves here: http://piratepad.net/hOsuh3vg0R)
Random ramblings/Misc.
Next meeting.

See you on Sunday evening (*) in #scanhack at labitat.dk/6697 with
SSL. Feel free to hang out in the channel until then, too :-)

Best regards,
jc

*) http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=10&month=1&year=2010&hour=19&min=0&sec=0&p1=69