[hackerspaces] kids, insurances, parental control

jaromil jaromil at dyne.org
Tue Feb 9 17:11:37 CET 2010

re all,

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 08:28:08PM +0100, asbesto wrote:
> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

funny thread.

i know this guy who is shouting *very well*

i clearly remember  when the father of a 16 years  old boy brought him
his son, he dared to step inside a dirty & dangerous squat in Catania,
cross a  door that said "Freaknet"  on it, disturb a  fat guy carrying
screwdriver around a  VAX VMS and looking like  an unabomber with dawn
syndrome,  asking him  "could  you please  talk  to my  boy, he  needs
answers and i cannot understand anymore his questions"...

his father is an italian marine captain  and the boy now is a 21 years
old mathematician, his face printed  on thousand copies of Wired.it in
full color on its cover (feb 2010)

 http://www.wired.it/magazine/archivio/2010/02/storie/ntskk---codice-segreto-rivoluzione.aspx

(for  those who  read italian,  there  are some  imperfections in  the
 article as it seems Wired journalist in Italy aren't as good as those
 in USA, here our errata corrige http://lab.dyne.org/ComunicatoWired )

Netsukuku is code that was  written and conceptualised into the stinky
& dangerous  place we  use to call  Freaknet Medialab, full  of crusty
punks, anarchists, african sans-papiers  and people dressed like jesus
christs  typing on  green-phosphor honeywell  terminals.  It  was also
boosted by  code-sprints held in the  hackmeeting.org annual meetings,
counting hundreds of such types gathering together in post-punk caves

we never made a problem for kids, nor his parents did. we never made a
problem for anything, we just have no phear - and we really don't care
who you are.  we just treat everyone the same: just like shit :)))))))

and besides that, i don't know how  is in USA, but well have a look at
the movie "Gomorra" if  you want to make an idea of  how kids have fun
when they  are left  on the  street, because they  can't enter  such a
dangerous place like an hackerspace...

i also understand  the liability crap one has  to deal with, depending
from his/her country's  laws.. but then as Henk  suggests let's please
open  another  list  for  all  this  talk, i  don't  think  is  really
interesting  for everyone  to discuss  it ad  libitum...  each  of our
spaces  will  solve  it  as  they prefer.   we  are  discussing  about
fire-marking our kids  with soldering irons to not  loose them around,
but i'm not sure you are interested in this story too, soo....

ciao :))))

- --
jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org

GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F  5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39