[hackerspaces] hackaday HORROR

Sean Bonner sean at seanbonner.com
Sun Aug 22 10:41:58 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 2:33 AM, webmind <webmind at puscii.nl> wrote:

> What would you think about google fascilitating
> phishing? Or something else that's more obviously illegal?

But that's the exact issue here, while Scientology is not especially popular
in many places around the world, especially spots in Europe, in the US it's
still a completely legal and registered religion just like Judaism,
Christianity, or anything else. So while you personally might not like
Scientology, and there might be a lot of public outcry about some of what
they are doing, in the US they are still a 100% legal religion and Google,
as a US company can not discriminate based on religion. It's illegal for
them to say "we won't sell ads to this religion"

This isn't a choice, it's not something the higher ups at google are
passively supporting, They legally can't turn down the ads.

-s

--
Sean Bonner
http://www.seanbonner.com - homebase

*** Please check your address books, the best e-mail for me is
sean at seanbonner.com