[hackerspaces] Hackerspace law: unincorporated association

Simon Dorfman simon at gumbolabs.org
Thu Aug 5 18:46:31 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Nick Farr (hackerspaces.org) <
nick at hackerspaces.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 12:26, Christopher J. Pilkington <cjp at 0x1.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to get the others on board with this, it seems the
> > user fee with the IRS is rather high.
>
> It's a one-time fee.  $750 is what you could end up paying a CPA to
> sort out partnership taxation in two years, so it's generally worth
> it.

I understand the fee is now $850.

We were waiting for the IRS to release the electronic application which was
to cost only $300, but now the word is that's not going to happen this year
after all.  Maybe next year...

-Simon
GumboLabs.org