[hackerspaces] Fwd: How to mark/tag your Hackerspace on openstreetmap.org?

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Mon Oct 26 11:34:35 CET 2009

Hi all,

I think leisure=hackerspace seems to be the consensus for how to tag a
hackerspaces on OSM. (
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:leisure%3Dhackerspace )

If you tag them as leisure=hackerspace then they'll come up on my
"Hackerspaces in OpenStreetMap" (
http://technomancy.org/osm-hackerspaces/ ). It automatically pulls all
the hackerspaces from OpenStreetMap ever 6 hours, and includes some
details (name, address, website)

How I made that map:
http://blog.technomancy.org/2009/9/12/how-to-make-a-map-based-on-openstreetmaps

Rory