[hackerspaces] Taxonomy of maker spaces

Robert Ward robert.t.ward at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 15:32:20 CEST 2009

Our universal answer for the question "What is a hackerspace?", when
asked by people who wouldn't really get a longer explanation is,
"We're like an Elks lodge...but for geeks.".

As I write this it's occurring to me that I don't know if anyone has
these types of organizations outside the US, e.g. The Elks, Eagles,
Rotary, etc.  Well, at least stateside it does make some sense to your
average Joe.

~Bob