[hackerspaces] Webcam Telepresence Wall

tetsu yatsu tetsuharu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 10:17:15 CEST 2009

I've always wanted to do this, since day 1 of planning our hackerspace.

Set up a projector on a wall and point a webcam back from the wall being
projected on, and have someone from another do the same, and effectively
extend our space into another city/state/country. Like how sleazy real
estate people cover entire rooms with mirrors to make them look bigger, only
with streaming internet video!

We could do it easily/quickly with Skype, maybe better quality later with
mplayer or some set of scripts.

http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Telepresence_Walls

Any takers!?  I'm thinking tomorrow, or this weekend.