[hackerspaces] Startup publicity and the MAKE: blog

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 29 19:16:59 CET 2009

Yeah, all you really need to do is email, and if they think it's cool, and of general interest, they'll most likely add it to the blog.

Mitch.

Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 10:21:27 -0600
From: simon at gumbolabs.org
To: discuss at lists.hackerspaces.org
Subject: Re: [hackerspaces] Startup publicity and the MAKE: blog

A how-to post from our blog got mentioned on Make: http://www.gumbolabs.org/2009/10/17/parallax-rfid-reader-arduino/

Ben, the author of the how-to, mentioned that he thought Make was more likely to reblog something that mentions a product that they sell in their online store (in this case, a Parallax RFID reader).

Simon

P.S.-I got my undergrad film degree from UWM back in '99. I was not the only tinkerer in the program. Experimental filmmakers and animators are into optical printers and other tinkery stuff. I think putting up some flyers in the basement of Mitchell Hall would probably help find some interested folks. Also, try putting up a flyer at Riverwest Film & Video (824 E. Center St.).