[hackerspaces] HackerSpace movement, history and development

druid at stonedcoder.org druid at stonedcoder.org
Sun Nov 15 02:51:03 CET 2009

Here is a usage in 2004. This was the same year that b9punk, phar, shardy,
and myself flew over to 21c3 by the invite of Mangala and Tim Pritlove
(and on their dime...) and presented on a number of topics including
hacker spaces/groups.

So I found a total of 3 presos that year that reference hackerspaces
either directly or indirectly. I think Shardy would be the next person to
ask as to where the term hackerspace came from. Also mangala if he is
still around.

-Eric

July 2004
http://www.the-fifth-hope.org/hoop/5hope_speakers.khtml
Building Hacker Spaces
Binary, Count Zero, Freqout, Gweeds, Javaman, Mangala, Shardy

December 2004
http://events.ccc.de/congress/2004/fahrplan/event/140.en.html
A Fat Girl's Intimate Perspective on Hacker Culture and Spaces
b9punk

http://events.ccc.de/congress/2004/fahrplan/event/133.en.html
How to herd cats
druid