[hackerspaces] Software Licensing

Yves Quemener quemener.yves at free.fr
Thu Nov 12 00:40:19 CET 2009

I don't know of the legality of it, but when I see a PC dumped in the
street with a XP license sticker, I used to note the serial. You never
know, it can be useful.

I am not sure of the legality of this, because when someone dumps a
computer it does not always mean that he dumps his XP license as well, but
when the sticker all-official-with-the-shiny-somehow-holographic-band is
dumped too, isn't it ok to get it ?

Anyway, having 2-3 unused XP serials can be useful for the occasional
troubleshooting of grandma's box.