[hackerspaces] Software Licensing

john arclight arclight at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 00:33:12 CET 2009

If the systems are used by students or for educational activities, see if
you can get the cheap edu/student rate on some of those products.  A lot of
software companies have <US$100 pricing for some of these high-end
packages.  If the people who "really need" a particular package can't
collectively pony up $100 or whatever, it leads me to think it isn't that
important.

Arclight