[hackerspaces] Software Licensing

tetsu yatsu tetsuharu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 00:24:18 CET 2009

Hey man, I'd rather not use it at all, but with members who want M$ stuff,
and my name on legal IRS-instigating documents, I'd rather not take my
chances.

If my members were willing to come up with some complex system of
plausible-deniability encryption and authentication procedures that would
hide the stuff beyond a shred of a dubt, I might be interested in hearing
the proposal, but these are windows users who don't want to buy licenses -
they're just lazy and want me to break the law for them.

I've heard too many stories about honest, hardworking people involved in
nonprofit organizations getting rakes shoved up their asses by the IRS for
things that don't even seem illegal or immoral. Put away for years, man.
That's the risk we're taking by incorporating, but the tradeoff in
legitimacy and social respect is worth it.

I don't want to be a GNU hippy haven, though lol. Windows/Mac folks have
talent too.