[hackerspaces] status of this list

Leigh Honeywell leigh at hypatia.ca
Fri May 15 17:18:23 CEST 2009

While I'd rather refrain from stereotyping based on geographic origin
given the nature of human movement these days... I agree with angora
against moderating the list.  We've only really had this one discussion
which has devolved into name-calling and other immaturity; let's go back
to having productive conversations about the care and feeding of
hackerspaces, and consider moderating the list only if there's another
discussion which devolves as the last one did.

I for one enjoyed the kind of political discussion that Johannes' essay
caused, but I'm completely happy to have it on a separate list since
there are enough folks on here who don't want to participate.  For this
purpose the theory@ list has been set up - let's continue things there.

-Leigh

from, but not speaking on behalf of, hacklab.to