[hackerspaces] Brucon

Benny Ketelslegers hacking at security4all.be
Mon Jun 22 17:58:31 CEST 2009

Disclaimer: I'm an organizer of BruCON. My apologies if this email is deemed
inappropriate for this mailinglist.

Toorcon, Shmoocon, Defcon, HAR, CCC, .... I have been to some of these
conferences, I have yet to visit some. I'm trying to setup a similar
conference in our parts of the woods (Belgium). I talked to Nick and Astera
about it during 25C3.

I'm a big supporter of communities like the Hackerspaces and want to show a
more positive side of 'hacking' to the people over here. This is why having
them present at BruCON would be awesome!! I already invited some of the
neighbouring spaces like HSB, Randomdata , /tmp/lab and Syn2cat.

I'm doing my best to make it an awesome event. We're doing this non-profit.
I'm hoping for some active participation from whoever likes to 'hack for
b33r' ;-)

I wanted to let everyone know that we have an early bird ticket till the
first of July. On top of that, I convinced my peers to give any Hackerspace
member a 10% discount. Use "HACKERSPACESORG07" when registering.

I have seen that it's not financially easy for some of the starting
hackerspaces out there. So I have started an auction for some projects like
the hackerspaces at the conference. If the event makes somewhat of a profit,
we will try to top the money from the auction to a nice amount.

I'm still looking for people to help me with the auction as with some other
aspects of the conference on a volunteer basis.

I hope to see some of you at the conference and if you have any remarks or
questions, just drop me a message.
My blog: http://blog.security4all.be/
Belgian Security Blognetwork:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/BelgianSecurityBlognetwork