[hackerspaces] Components/Tools/Resources/inventory database

Vitor Matos hazard0 at msn.com
Wed Jun 17 20:46:47 CEST 2009

Hello!

Does anyone ever made a database to organize and gather all the information on the hackerspaces resources?
My wish is to have a database where I can keep track on the inventory of the electronic components we have. Tools, development boards, among other stuff.

I sometimes find myself digging in the drawers, searching for some component: "Oh look, a zigbee microcontroller, I forgot I had two of these, Someday I should do something with it" (back in the drawer and forget again), "Oh look, the '20 items' I bought for the project I forgot to start!"

It would be also very useful on tracking inventory. So we would know when we should buy stuff before we notice we are missing something. Or to remind us that we do(!) have that bluetooth module in the big box with boards, that no one seems to remember...

Does anyone share this problem, and came up with a solution?
Thanks!
Vítor