[hackerspaces] Vetting new members

Dave Null noid23 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 20:33:58 CEST 2009

The Lodge follows this same policy almost exactly. The space is open
to anyone on 'open house' days or if there's a class going on
(Homebrew workshop 2 weeks ago is an example). If someone needs the
space at another time (i.e. need to hold a meeting, etc) they can
contact a keyholder who can open the shop up for them. If someone
hangs around long enough, demonstrates that they're 'good people', and
has some financial stability (rent is 160/mo) they can become a key
holder..if they want to be. There's plenty of good people that are
regulars at the Lodge that either don't need/want 24 hour access or
want to put the cash in monthly to pay for the space. Those folks just
toss a few bucks in the donation box from time to time to help pay for
the pop they drink.

PGP Key ID: 0x0517358E
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they
are free" - Goethe