[hackerspaces] insuring a hackerspace

jur1st jur1st at cowtowncomputercongress.org
Tue Jan 27 16:26:23 CET 2009

I think this highlights a difference between the environments of Europe and
the United States.  For better or worse, the US is a litigious society and
there are numerous reasons for addressing risk management from a number of
standpoints.  Feel free to blame the lawyers.

At CCCKC insurance coverage is a condition of our lease agreement so we are
grudgingly going through the process of getting coverage right now.  We will
also have a release of liability which each member will sign when they get
set up, as will any member of the public who will be taking part in any
workshop.  I've put a copy of the release on the hackerspaces wiki.