[hackerspaces] Abbenay hackspace building status

Deech deech at ninjacow.net
Sat Dec 26 01:35:18 CET 2009

I'm not trying to be belligerent or anything, but I don't understand
the circumstances here.

As far as I can tell, this building was vacant and owned by someone
else. This group decided to set up shop in someone else's building,
without permission. The building owner did not want them there, and
eventually got the police to forcibly evict the squatters from their
property.

Yet, it seems the tone is that we should feel sympathy that the group
was evicted and wronged in some way.

That's how I've gathered the information, thus I don't really
understand the point of view here.

If I'm wrong, please correct me. I'm all for the underdog, but the
underdog needs to have the moral high ground and in this case, I can't
see that they do, or I'm just not understanding.

Help me out here?

-Deech