[hackerspaces] 23B Shop - Metal Casting and open-house

john arclight arclight at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 18:16:46 CEST 2009

Hi guys,

I know this is short notice, but we're going to have the metal casting
foundry fired up tomorrow afternoon in case anyone in SoCal is interested.
The foundry is located at my house, about a mile from the 23b shop.  It has
to be used outside in a sand-filled pit in case metal spills, so we can't
really run this one at the shop.

We can cast up to 8lbs of Aluminum or 24lbs of brass and bronze.  Afterward,
we'll be over at the shop for other projects. (Starting at maybe 7:00pm).

If you are interested in casting, e-mail me.  You'll need to bring:

-Long pants, closed-toe leather shoes
-Patterns for anything you want to cast. We have various patterns here if
you'd like to try your hand at mold-making
-Optionally, some junk Aluminum, zinc, lead, brass or bronze.  We have
material here, which we will part with for a small donation.

Again, after 7:00pm, we'll be at the shop. Details are here:

http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/23b_Shop

Cheers,

Arclight
714.321.4684