[hackerspaces] Hacktoberfest an American Love Affair

Hellekin O. Wolf (/tmp/lab) hellekin at hackerspaces.org
Thu Aug 27 11:50:54 CEST 2009

On Thu 2009-08-27 at 10:10:27 +0200, Nils Hitze wrote:
> Hi Eric,
> thanks for forwarding and Hi Jeff,
>
> when you visit Munich and my wife hadn't got our Baby, maybe we could met
> for Lunch in Munich and talk about Hackerspaces and other related Nerd
> stuff.
>
> Would be great,
> Regards,
> Nils
>
> 2009/8/27 Eric Michaud <eric at hackerspaces.org>
>
> > So hackerspace breatheren and sisteren?(don't know if that works... hrmm.)
> >
> > During the beginning of October on of the my good friends, Pumping Station:
> > One member, and electrical mixmaster Jeff "Danger Volts" Kantarek is going
> > to see his sister married at the Vatican. After that, he's heading up to
> > Munich and Deutschland in general with some designs on German hackerspaces
> > and the CCC.
> >
> > I've copied his email below.
> >
> > ************************************
> >

> > I'm planning on doing a tour of hacker spaces when I'm in Europe for my
> > sister's wedding.  I'm going to be in Rome from September 19th to the 24th,
> > Florence from the 25th to 28th and then I was planning to go to Berlin and
> > Munich until October 3rd but I'm open for going elsewhere.  My flight home
> > is out of Munich but i can potentially get that changed.
> >
> > Ideally I would like to visit at least c-base but I'm not sure what else I
> > should be seeing.  I want to get a feel for what the big differences are
> > between hackerspaces in Europe vs the States and see how we can improve what
> > we're doing considering the rich history of the established spaces that
> > exist in Europe.
> >
> > I'm interested in possibly doing some interviewing for
> > http://www.twohandsproject.com/ but I'm more interested in meeting and
> > making some connections with hackers abroad.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jeff Kantarek
> > jeff.kantarek at gmail.com
> >

> > *********************************
> >

> > If anyone wants to be apart of this or better some over the pond relations,
> > he'd love to meet up.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > -Eric.

*** Great! I should be back to Munich at that time. Jeef, you must pay a
visit to Kappsel aka µc³[3] and of course the smallest hackerspace on Earth,
µ|©®°[4]

On the way to Berlin, depending on how much time you have on your hands,
your interests (rather hardware or software, etc.) and your ability to move
around, there are plenty of CCC spaces to visit.

Rome maintains a couple of hackerspaces. I think jilt[1] has some
connections there. Otherwise, you should try sending an email to the
HackMeeting mailing-list[2] where most Italian hackers hangout.

Cheers,

==
hk

[1] jilt at debord.ortiche.net
[3] http://muc.ccc.de/
[4] http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Micro

--
 |_/H\_|     http://hackerspaces.org/                | |o| |
 [_xSx_]     irc://irc.freenode.net/hackerspaces     | | |o|