[hackerspaces] Hackerspace in Poland - hackerspace.pl

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 16 16:59:28 CEST 2009

Once we saw the space that we wanted to rent, Noisebridge started out with a call for donations, and got $12,000 in one day!  With that paying for our first and last month's rent, plus deposit (which is standard for renting in San Francisco), our 30 members' dues paid for our monthly expenses.  We now have over 70 members (6 months later).  Also, every single bit of equipment and parts in Noisebridge was donated.  We are now considering applying for grants.  We have one grant in the works to fund a 3D video projection system.

Each group has different conditions, needs, wants.  But the above is how it worked for us.

Mitch.