[hackerspaces] HAR 2009: RepRap tent

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 15 10:15:39 CEST 2009

> Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 09:42:58 +0200
> From: hellekin at hackerspaces.org
> To: discuss at lists.hackerspaces.org
> Subject: Re: [hackerspaces] HAR 2009: RepRap tent
>
> On Wed 2009-04-15 at 03:50:56 +0200, astera wrote:
> > ohai aldert,
> >
> > overflo (from the metalab) will be at the field day i believe, so maybe
> > you can hack out some ideas about a HARdware village with him there!
> >
> *** Cool, I'll be there too :)
>
> > as a call to everyone else:
> > i've been asked about the possibility of a hackerspaces tent too, but
> > tbh i'm not entirely sure about the range of activities we could host
> > there, or how many people/spaces would be interested... so if you have
> > an awesome idea about this, please let us know =)
> >
> *** /tmp/lab and the Dyne Foundation are planning a get together. If Metalab
> wants to join I guess it's cool. Some of us will haunt the RepRap / HARdware
> tent.

Me and other Noisebridge people will be at HAR.  I'll be doing my usual setting up of a hardware hacking area with zillions of solder irons for people to use on any project(s) they like, and providing parts for people to build cool things, and teaching anyone who wants to solder (or solder better).  At Noisebridge we've been talking about what else to do at HAR, but haven't come up with a plan yet -- but we'll be coming up with ideas over the next few weeks.  And if anyone has ideas for collaboration with other hacker spaces, please let me know, and I'll let other Nosiebridge folks know.

Cheers,

Mitch.