[hackerspaces] Press

Paul Kuhnast (spoony) funkninja at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 23:48:46 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 4:01 AM, David Powell <davepow16 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know about all the rest of the spaces but it seems that the
> wired.com article gave us the boost we needed to get started. I had 3
> potential new members contact me and they are coming to our meeting on
> Sunday.

Here's some other feedback for you.

I'd been toying with the idea for a few years now as there's no Hackerspaces
here at all (Australia).

The day the Wired article came out.. an Australian hackerspace popped up in
planning.. which motivated me to get my idea rolling too.. so I started one
up in planning.

By the end of the day there were 4 planned hackerspaces in Australia and one
more in New Zealand.

I also suggest that some hackerspaces.org spokesperson (Mitch?, or whoever
is appropriate) get some some podcasts.
I suggested to Christel from Freenode that they do a feature on
#hackerspaces and hackerspaces in general. I think many podcasts would jump
on the idea to interview someone about hackerspaces.

The beauty of it is the more publicity hackerspaces.org gets, the more
publicity everyone gets. And for the cities with just one or no
hackerspaces.. that's nothing but good news :)

Thanks guys,

-pk