[hackerspaces] Hello? Is this thing on?

Duncan Withers duncan at theopenproject.org
Mon Sep 22 20:13:17 CEST 2008

Hi There,

My name is Duncan Withers (Hexdream). I am working with Rodney
(SmilyBorg) to get DUCTAPE running. As far as I we can tell it is the
first Hackerspace to be set up in Africa.

I am looking forward to meeting as many like minded people as possible,
even if it is only virtually. Our group already has a number of ideas
and pet projects they are keen on pursuing. As our group is still very
new it is still a bit of a "wait and see" situation, but I can say that
everyone is very excited.

Rodney is right is saying that we do not get many conferences this side,
and the ones that do come here require a fair amount of travelling.

Has anybody here been playing with the REPRAP (www.reprap.org) at all? I
am keen on getting one up and running here.

Duncan