[sudoroom] SudoRoom Access, Balancing Act

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 01:28:02 CET 2013

Hey Aaronco,

I appreciate your note, thanks for visiting the space this afternoon, it
was nice to meet you. Glad to see someone who spends time at Noisebridge
hop over to this side of the bay to check out Sudo Room.

While I recognize the good faith suggestions you've made, and do thank you
for sharing your thoughts, I have to disagree with one bit. I would not
necessarily generally categorize folks as being desirable vs undesirable. I
think part of being openly accessible is suspending judgement and allowing
folks the opportunity to demonstrate good faith participation with an open,
collaborative group that has expressed its shared ideals, protection of
safe space, and strong support of mutual respect (
http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association).

That being said, the type of *behavior* you described such as theft,
disruption, harassment or abuse, etc are indeed behaviors that should be
prevented first of all and generally unsupported by members and users of
sudo room.

Very excited to move forward, as you've suggested, to *enhance* open acess
to sudo room.

// Matt