[sudoroom] Meeting Minutes

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 05:30:34 CEST 2012

9/19/2012

attendees: matt, marina, andrew, jay, andy 5.0, juan, praveen, rusty, nile,
evan,  rachel, victoria, ryanb, jason, anthony, tanya, jenny

   1. Announcements

   1. Cryptoparty

   1. HackMeet is putting together a more informal kind of cryptoparty

   1. Third week of October (before HackMeet's event).

   1. Shooting for Techliminal October 16th (need confirmation)

   1. 1-Year Anniversary of Occupation of Oscar Grant Plaza in Downtown
   Oakland.

   1. oct 10th

   1. Event w/ Pants Interface (open source wearable control device with
   wireless radios on it)

   1. Release party for source documentation on November 3rd

   1. call for artists! Interactive projects of any kind

   1. Art Murmur

   1. coming up again on Oct. 5

   1. interested parties? what are possible activities?

   1. Rachel takes responsibility for 3-d printer friends not being
   available and making us all sad :(

   1. They're sorry and want to come back

   1. Ryanb proposed a "Faire"

   1. Rachel is available to come by but has a limited amount of help to
   offer. MK is not available - will email tracy.

   1. Open Science / Creative / Maker Faire type of event

   1. Vegan event until 9pm at Saturn Cafe in Berkeley

   1. Bank Account (Anthony?) ====>>>>>>
   http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/264/241/9e9.gif

   1. Exists at Community Bank of the Bay, a local community bank with a
   favorable/consistent mission to SR's values!

   1. Created an account of an unincorporated association, we get the
   non-profit deal (no fees)

   1. Did this all without a tax-id

   1. Anthony, Matt, and Eddan all gave W-9 documents, but this tax
   information is independent of the SR account.

   1. Eddan has been talking with CBOTB for months now, clarified with
   their legal department, etc

   1. Wad of cash is deposited, supplementing our minimum balance

   1. Let's just do everything in Canadian $'s

   1. LOLspace is interested, they need a bank account asap!

   1. Brainstorm of Integrations with Spaces

   1. Find out info from George about $6500 space upstairs

   1. Square footage

   1. Windows

   1. Access

   1. Rooms

   1. Adjacent rooms

   1. Can try to hold/reserve the room

   1. Weight considerations, equipment?

   1. Talk to compatriots, grow list

   1. Biohackers

   1. Coyote Clothing Collective

   1. Fixit Clinic

   1. Techliminal

   1. OpenWatch

   1. "Roshambo Media" - Filming equipment, may want to start a film
   collective, a green screen, etc

   1. ?

   1. Update our requirements and discuss on thread

   1. Consider all the ideas and constraints, update our list

   1. Range of configurations

   1. Full Sudo Room

   1. Some partial Sudo Room space, hap-hazard

   1. Some down-sides

   1. j.Things Rachel does is more dirty than what she currently does (e.g.
   use a table saw).

   1. Limitations of common space, have been under-utilized thusfar

   1. Up-sides

   1. Month-to-month aspect is nice

   1. Open up the whole building search

   1. Oakland Tribune

   1. We have a map of listings that could be updated

   1. Let's set a date soon to bike around and identify possibly
   appropriate for lease spaces.

   1. Matt is coming in in the mornings, building a work bench and starting
   classes

   1. Let him know if you want to join/

   1. Bay Area Hackerspaces Hackathon

   1. All the hackerspaces (not just hackerspaces), similar, creative
   groups--have problems!

   1. consensus management

   1. budgeting

   1. inventory

   1. sharing / collaborating

   1. Want to hold a "Personal democracy" hackathon some time in november

   1. Praveen has a list, contact him over the mailing list when Praveen
   makes a thread!

   1. What are we missing? What tools? Federation? etc.

   1. Vegan Cheese project

   1. Selection of vegan cheeses brought for tasting (must assess
   competition

   1. recommend vegan pizza wednesdays for future testing (esp for crucial
   issues such as melting)

   1. Conflict Resolution

   1. Fiscal Solvency

   1. Proposals to change Articles of Association

   1. Initial Idea: (to be crafted over the coming weeks) Emphasize
   positive feedback process in Articles of Association.

   1. Endorsements

   1. Proposal: Cryptoparty

   1. Rapidly approaching

   1. Question: What about Art Murmur?