[sudoroom] separation of politics and hackerspace?

Philip W dude8604 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 08:03:51 CEST 2012

I think that part of this discussion is what constitutes "limiting"
ourselves.  By having a more defined social message we're being open to that
but limiting others who may not share those beliefs, or who don't want to
participate in them.  My point in starting this discussion was in the sense
of truly not limiting things, letting broader things happen but giving
people who don't want to be a part of that aspect a place to 'hack."  I'm
not suggesting we abandon these other goals, but to me one of the important
things is being truly open to everyone, both physically and ideologically.
So there's definitely room in a space like this for both people who just
want to work on cool things and for those who want their work to contribute
to a cause.  I think this way Sudo Room would be most welcoming to all
members of the community.