[sudoroom] what is sudoroom? who are you?

Andrew andrew at roshambomedia.com
Sun Dec 16 01:37:27 CET 2012

Hi all,

There are some awesome responses to this. I propose that we (me?) use the
feed back here to rewire our description on the homepageof the website. I
really don't think that as it stands it really captures what we are or are
trying to do. At least I think we coudl do better.. Right now it reads:

"Sudo Room is an open, non-hierarchical, collaborative community of humans,
including tech developers, citizen scientists, activists, artists–and all
combinations in between and beyond!–who are interested in and working
towards social change. Our goal is to create the first inclusive, dedicated
hackerspace in downtown Oakland, to share ideas and projects in the
following areas:

   - the creative use of technology
   - citizen science
   - digital citizenship and literacy
   - environmental sustainability
   - community engagement
   - self-government.

Sudo Room is committed to access, empowerment, transparency, and
public/social good. Sudoers have a great diversity of interests and we
emphasize respect and solidarity among ourselves and with others."

Sudo Room is located at 2141 Broadway

Thanks,

Andrew

-------