[sudoroom] Bay Area DanceSafe Training & related infoshare event :)

Jenny Ryan jenny at thepyre.org
Thu Aug 16 03:50:18 CEST 2012

Hey sudoers,

Last night at sudo room we (including myself and aestetix) held the first
meeting of what will be a revival of the Bay Area DanceSafe group. For
those of you who are unfamiliar, DanceSafe <http://dancesafe.org/> is a
long-running national community of trained volunteers dedicated to
promoting peer-based drug education/information and harm reduction. They
also sell pill testing kits and publish reports online, and we would like
to revive a stronger presence at youth raves and events.

On Sunday, August 19th starting at 3pm, there will be a training session
led by Le Sheng Liu, former head of the Bay Area regional group. Anyone
interested in volunteering with DanceSafe - or would simply like to learn
about harm reduction techniques - is welcome to join. Training is mandatory
for DanceSafe volunteers.

Some pertinent links:
What is harm reduction?<http://leshengliu.com/Drug%20Publications%20Harm%20Reduction.html>
DanceSafe's form of drug
education<http://leshengliu.com/Drug%20Publications%20Just%20Say%20No%20vs%20Just%20Say%20Know.html>

Additionally, we are planning to hold an info-sharing session so that the
various members can drop their knowledge, experiences, pearls of wisdom,
etc; If you're interested in participating in this event - co-constructed
by the participants, of course! - send me an e-mail directly.

You can subscribe to the group mailing list by sending a blank email to
bayareadancesafe-subscribe at lists.riseup.net

In solidarity, love and compassion,
Jenny
http://jennyryan.net