[sudoroom] exchequer abdicating

Eddan Katz eddan at oaklandlocal.com
Tue Aug 7 06:01:16 CEST 2012

i hereby abdicate the role of exchequer, and recommend anthony di
franco in terms of peaceable succession.

when asked why he would make a good exchequer, anthony answered:
"I haven't much of a firm idea except to say that I've been involved
in the theory of complementary currencies for tenish years and with
the practice of the timebank here in san francisco for fivish and I've
been into the history and philosophy and praxis of peer to peer
institutions for about as long and I'm eager to help build sudoroom on
this foundation and see it thrive and drive the hackerspace state of
the art."

given the seemingly technical capabilities that will be inherent in
the role of maintaining the budget as according to the compact, and
the convoluted brilliance of his suggestions, i think di franco is the
best we got and could hope for.

looking back, i became the exchequer simply by introducing myself as
such for 6 consecutive meetings, without any challenge to my assertion
of authority. i cannot claim to have done much as exchequer,
especially since we do not yet exist. but i haven't done anything
extraordinarily stupid, and for that i am proud.

thank you. god bless sudo room.