[sudoroom] [important]: Guidelines for Events and First Fridays....

Eddan Katz eddan at oaklandlocal.com
Thu Aug 2 05:37:54 CEST 2012

I am forwarding a note and warning from the landlord about smoking right outside the building, picking up trash after events, and alcohol consumption without a permit & in the common areas.

In addition to common decency and being respectful of the people with whom we share space, these rules are conditions of our lease and not complying with them exposes the landlord to various types of liability. George and Laurie have been extraordinarily flexible with us and very encouraging of our initiative, we will have to change some norms that've already developed accordingly. Specifically, that means no booze in the 'classroom' or 'reception' areas - during meetings and events.

If you've been doing some of the stuff mentioned below, please stop. If you see (or smell) one of us doing these things, please remind them of the rules.

As for Art Murmur and other events at which some folks would reasonably like to be able to serve alcohol, we should figure out a way to do so more discretely as suggested below and be mindful of not making alcohol available to people under the legal age. Let's not make this a problem.