[Spaceapi-devel] 0.13 suggestions

slopjong slopjong at syn2cat.lu
Sat Apr 6 09:57:31 CEST 2013

On 2013-03-28 02:40, Astro wrote:
> Andrew Elwell wrote:
>> As 0.13 introduces some backwards-incompatible changes, can I
>> suggest
>> we just bump the major version rather than piddling around with
>> 0.12,0.13 etc
>
> +1 for http://semver.org/ - it's the only true way to make use of
> version numbers.

I'm not sure if this is really wanted by the community. Dynamic
versioning means that the directory _must_ poll every spaceapi json
every XX seconds in order to get the 'open' state.

At the moment I cache the JSONs once a day except the space defines
explicitly a cache schedule.

Now and then new spaceapi web apps are developped which poll the
spaces, we ask if the directory is allowed to poll every 30 seconds.

If they all say it's ok, I'm fine with integrating the dynamic
versioning with the directory.

Request for comments.

Cheers,
slopjong