[Hackupy-discuss] Random Hacks of Kindness - Hackupy site

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Sun Nov 27 20:19:50 CET 2011

Next weekend is another round of Random Hacks of Kindness. It's an open
hackathon with a primary focus on building tech to make the world a
better place. There's a large number of spaces organizing to host out
hackers for the hackathon around the world.

http://www.rhok.org/

Their site contains a list of problems and efforts put towards
solutions. It sounds like people are also free to work on projects that
fit the theme but aren't on any of their lists yet. On a whim I bought
plane tickets to Portland and back. My plan is to work on a few things,
one of which is fleshing out more of Hackupy is.

That brings me to ask the 50+ individuals reading this list now, what do
we want to do with this thing? It sounds like we've got our hearts set
to the skies with quadcopters and weather balloons, and bit of
discussion around power management. Additionally I need to sit down and
come up with some proper documentation about the stuff we've already
built at Noisebridge.

Anyhow, suggestions? And if you're near by one of the hackathon
locations, I suggest dropping by and seeing what all the fuss is about.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net