[foodhackingbase] Fw: goals and progress on planning for 32c3

Marcel van der Peijl bigmac at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 23 13:56:37 CET 2015

From: Frantisek Apfelbeck
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2015 10:46 AM
To: Food Hacking Base Mailing List

Hi to all,
here are main points and goals of what we have discussed this Saturday on our meeting concerning our preparations for 32c3.

- we are intensively looking for a venue in Hamburg which would be as close to Congress Center Hamburg (CCH) as possible so we can run our main food&drink related events. Please anyone who can help us with this search please get involved! This is really important and we don't have too much time. German speakers are very welcome. We have contacted Gängeviertel community kitchen already but no response yet http://das-gaengeviertel.info/  Other options could be commercial places located close to the CCH venue like these:  http://www.seeterrassen.de/index.php/allgemein https://www.google.nl/maps/place/Hamburg,+Germany/@53.5608662,9.9859074,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x47b161837e1813b9:0x4263df27bd63aa0, Café Seeterrassen, St.Petersburger Str. 22, 20355 Hamburg, Deutschland, http://www.sands-bar.de/

Anyway the idea is to run at least our main tasting and workshop events in few-several hours blocs each day in this venue. It would be demanding but we should have option for people who are really into foods, drinks and bio, I believe it is partly our responsibility, and we should try to do our best to accomplish this, even without CCC and CCH orga support.

- crowdsourcing campaign needs to be launched this week, I am for 1000 eu goal, Bigmac for lower 750 eu goal mostly because we don't do any food&drinks activities at CCH venue. I want to ask few people if they are willing to support and also what they would like to support. I'm happy to do basic draft of the campaign, with few to several other people involved in that and later on as the team. Because of the lack of time to set up our own server, Indiegogo will be used again.

- we need to have fhb stickers with our logo ready, both general ones and 32c3 specific ones. Jaga is willing to help with adjustments of our logo, I hope Zaerk may have time to help too, he is good with Inkscape. We should ask Daan concerning commercial printing options, he is good with that.

- next weekend probably Saturday we should meet again for further planning etc.

That is all for now, please comment, talk send emails and participate, keeping an eye on our IRC channel helps with general preparations.

Sincerely,

FAA

PS For the ones interested, my talk which was about promotion and strengthening of food, drink and bio activities in the hacker movement was rejected

https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/Facts_on_the_Plate

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org "There is no way to peace, peace is the way." Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi