[foodhackingbase] issues with food hacking base assembly at 32c3

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 02:02:18 CET 2015

Greetings to all,first of all I want you to take a deep breath, read what is below and think about that first. Please do keep your voices down and lets go through stuff together first, lets device piece full and respectful strategy and apply it later on.
I've received official and "final" decision from CCC orga that Food Hacking Base assembly at 32c3 was officially canceled. No reasons were mentioned in particular so far however we were not suppose to handle or distribute any food or drinks.

I've send an appeal to some of the people from CCC orga and I plan to send email soon to whole CCC orga asking also to state the reasons - non of us to my knowledge was present to the discussion which I believe was really pity. I'm asking to be allowed as a Food Hacking Base group to be present at 32c3, have a space which is dedicated to our group, an assembly, willing to fallow what CCC orga wants us to at this event, once we know what that is or in apply with the general assembly rules.

We are much more than just plates and cups filled with pleasures. We have become a hub which is dedicated to food, drinks and bio and with many of us being actively involved in many hackerspaces, in many projects and having support from hacker community in general I believe we have right to be present at the event which is partly our own because we are part of the hacker movement too. All of above applies if we respect what CCC orga needs us to. I do believe we have demonstrated in the past that we tried quite hard and succeeded in doing fallowing what we have been asked for. During this event we would focus on presenting and working on newly designed machines which we and other groups came up (no samples handed out alas), present theoretically concepts of probiotics, low temperature cooking, sterilization, innoculation and many other concepts, we will work on our documentation and function as an active hub for people who are into what we are. We can do thousand things and still comply with general assembly rules I'm quite sure on that. Please take your time to cool down, think about ways how to show that we are supported by hacker community in general and how to do in a piece full way what we love, still fallowing what we have to at this event.
Talk to you soon,
Sincerely,
FAA

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org "There is no way to peace, peace is the way." Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi