[foodhackingbase] ccc camp irc meeting 9/5/2015 and during the weekend

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck algoldor at foodhackingbase.org
Mon May 11 14:15:41 CEST 2015

Hi to all,
just very briefly. During the last meeting this Saturday mwfc and me
were discussing stuff (with Brabo hanging around) mostly concerning
shelter which we need for the CCC camp. Mwfc noted many advantages of
army tents, used ones we could get starting around 500 eu (5x5 m older
types with poles in the middle) to 1500 eu and up newer types (would
love to have the ones without poles inside but not sure how much would
be that, plus white/light colour of the textile = more light inside). At
the moment it looks like that it is just me from fhb who is for the
geodesic dome design, Marcel already said it is too much work, mwfc is
for army tent too so well ... I'm insisting on at least 5x5 m hardfloor
made for the main experimental kitchen area.

Evina send the note that this year she will be not able to join us at
the camp due to the business with her PhD dissertation, alas.

I've talked to Eunha (my girlfriend) and she is happy to cook during the
camp so we will be involved in the food team her, so one more person
jumping for few shifts and we will have half of the food team "shift
leaders" covered. I would recommend to make the dinners again "thematic"
like we did at CCC camp 2011 - Indonesian cuisine workshop resulting in
dinner etc.

In a separate mail I will talk about the crowdsourcing campaign which we
need to start to prepare for asap, I would highly recommend to run it
latest by second week of June, maybe three weeks length and concerning
the budget I would aim this time higher. We need to put together really
active team to make it happen, it is really drag when just two people or
so do it and much more fun if it is three and more.

One thing which is on my mind is some cool project which is kind of
handy and useful but also cool and can get us kind of "front page" for
the event. At OHM2013 we were playing with hexayurt cold room but it is
not I think very handy because it is hard to disassemble it properly so
cooling truck/container seems better option and that would be just rent
so no project by itself.

There is a project which I'm kind of pushing through for a while and
that is about making tasty, healthy and probiotic drinks. If there were
several people who would be interested in getting involved we could make
larger amounts which could cover our consumption completely and also get
them out preferably for some funds - sharing and splitting would have to
be discussed. I would be definitely aiming to get some cash from that
also towards my personal budget so it would have to be well discussed
and planned and to a degree "independent" from the main agenda. However
making really good tasting drinks mostly non alcoholic maybe some
alcoholic ones on a bit larger scale than would be an interesting
project which I would definitely push forward with all my might.
Imagining microscopy with that, pH measuring etc. would be really
impressive.

Anyway that would be all for today, I hope to make some updates on our
wiki tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Frantisek