[foodhackingbase] My Introduction and a Request for Advice

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck algoldor at foodhackingbase.org
Thu Jan 15 14:04:11 CET 2015

Hi Sasha and Alex,
I do wonder how did you stored you kombucha? The culture doesn't like
temperature above 25C too much, 30C for longer periods of time are not
making it happy for sure and if not fed properly under such conditions
contamination with molds (quite clearly visible) is likely to happen
quite pretty fast. If you stored your culture in fresh medium in the
fridge you should be fine.

Anyway share some pictures if you can and I wonder about the flavour :-)
As Alex mentioned finding pictures with contaminated kombucha mothers is
quite quick job.

I'm sure that we can find someone in Europe to share cultures with you
by sending however I'm sure that there are people in Sofia who have
kombucha and milk kefir. Have you talked to the falk in InitLab? We had
kombucha workshop there last year it is hopefully still alive in the
community. Bobson may know more, he is based in Sofifa too, shall I ask
him?

Sincerely from South Korea,

Frantisek