[foodhackingbase] brew tasting and beer brewing workshop at 31c3

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck algoldor at foodhackingbase.org
Sun Nov 30 05:56:15 CET 2014

Hi to all,
the "brew tasting session" which we organized at the last 30c3 was
lovely and people are asking if we want to continue with it at the 31c3.
I do believe that the answer is yes? Also beer brewing workshop is being
requested.

I would like to know who would volunteer for organizing the brew tasting
and beer workshop so it can happen and what would be the ideas about the
organization. I remember that the beer was the main article for tasting
last time with already quite a full table of people so kind of at our
max capacity to discuss it. Do you think it would be good idea to do
some splitting like beer tasting + discussion as one session and
wine&mead&other alcoholic + non alcoholic brews other session (or non
alcoholics completely separe)? If done at fhb assembly we are limited to
20-25 participants for tasting&discussion max taking whole workshop
section - if we do not manage to get few tables extra next to us for
tasting and sitting down (like we did last time but you can remember
that for cheesetasting which we did in workshop area we were completely
full and had to repeat the event).

Please think about that and who ever is willing to take this on please
do so! I believe Ingo is already considering doing a beer brewing
workshop I believe right? I remember that last time Arnd, Phil, Ingo,
Martin and Machtelt were involved + more.

Below I've started to add info about our planned activities at 31c3

https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/Fhb_at_31c3_-_preparation

please do remember that we should organize them as "self-organized
sessons" so we fit into the CCC orga muster, however the form is still
not active and I'm failing to find anyone to move this forward ...

Talk to you all soon,

Sincerely,

FAA

PS You may consider to start to use our IRC channel bit more for
organization purposes: IRC channel #foodhackingbase at irc.oftc.net

Disclaimer - there are other people who have access to this email
account, please be aware of that it is part of the design. For "highly
private communication" use algoldor at yahoo.com