[foodhackingbase] 31c3 preparations - crowdsourcing campaign timing, suggestions

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck algoldor at foodhackingbase.org
Fri Nov 28 13:14:40 CET 2014

Hi Marcel and all,
I don't think I've used the "double-side-coated 'stucloper'" before but
it sounds great to me. If you think this will work than that would be a
great saver, also for the summer camp. I do wonder if it is slippery
when it gets wet, any ideas? It's basically polyethylene (PE) right?
I've found some info in Dutch so ...

I've coppied your previous email below and commented as ###, sorry for
the delay, hope it is OK, nothing personal there I beleive. I don't know
why but my yahoo email rejects sending emails to hackerspaces discuss
and fhb discuss ...

Sincerely,

FAA

Hi,

I remember many boxes of cutlery, waterboiler etc going on tour with
you, possibly ending up with your parents. Will this arrive at 31c3 or
are we starting with a blank collection?

### They are indeed "sleeping beautifully" in the atics in parents
place, I'm sure they will be happy to be "evoken" for 31c3.

I'm asking this because I saw some nice 4-knife sets marked down to 3
euro, having 2 or 3 would not hurt for workshops.

### I'm not sure how much we cutlery we have been left with after the
toor, I would guess around 20 pieces of forks, knifes, spoons and metal
chopstics. One option is to buy some second hand in Dutch/German shops,
in that way we would keep that "lovely variety of stock" which we
planted for years :-) No serriously any cutlery extra is welcome.

Will we be using your paypal or mine? Mine is no problem as usual.

### Your PayPal for the campaign would be lovely, my is out of order
with over 350 EU from the last campaign which I did not managed to get
out of them for nearly a year.

Will you be doing cheese tasting? I want to do a whiskey tasting, Lotte
as well. I want to serve haggis, smoked salmon marinated in lagavulin
etc.

### Cheestasting has to be done, many people expected and I would brake
in tears if I misse it because I'm on a strickt "no cheese diet" in
Korea for nearly a year. Any tasting sound good, we need to plan the
events and put them on the schedule and here is the problem. The orga
still did not activated the "self organized sessions" so I'm thinking
now where can we start to put the info together in media wiki format and
easily transfer it to the 31c3 wiki later on. We need this for the
crowdsourcing campaign so people see what we are after. I think we
should use our FHB wikies, what do you think? Some tag which would
specify that it is 31c3 related would be lovely.

I could see the whiskey tasting requirements being either bring at least
half a bottle of something interesting, or, buy a seat for 15 euro on
kickstarter. (I'm bringing some lagavulin for marinating, a half-bottle
of bruichladdich, and the remains of a cask-strength 1995 caol ila; and
I'll try to source the haggis from Marks & Spencer today)

### Best of luck with whiskeys, love to see it happen but count me out
please, not my poisen (if you come across some good rum or cognac, well
that is different story :-)).

Also the homebrew evening was great, I hope it can get a spot on the
agenda

### Have already send the word to Arnd to remind him and will contact
others - Ingo, Steffen, Martin and many others, this was very nice and
popular event. Before I forget there is a "heaven" in Hamburg for
brewers, special community of brewers formed by one brewer (will share
details soon) who we met last year. He is man with decades of experience
and brewing/fermenting is his passion, I want to get him in to give a
special workshop, talk or tasting it is worth of it. We should also
visit his place it is amazing!

And there could be coffee for the whole event 10 euro, a jar of kimchi 5
euro, 4 powerdrinks for 10 euro, etc. I can of course buy loads of jars
at Ikea again, they were very useful last year.

### Sounds like a good rewards and options in generl, lets do it!

I will be bringing the incubator. I might fit in one sink from techinc,
don't know about plumbing for that. It would be ideal if we had the same
sink again.

### To be honest I think we should get some second hand sink so we have
at least one for sure, we need it for every event. I'm not sure about
the sink from the last year I will check it out, the one from Techinc
may be more easy. Pleaes do bring the incubator that is crucial, I'm
talking to Arnd about the PCB scheme, when I'm in Europe I can try to
make some PCBS based on that design but not sure how much time will I
have.

10x10m linoleum is going to cost a lot :( Cheapest new carpet I can find
is 1.75 per m2. I can find scraps of vinyl for 1 euro per m2 but to get
100m2 is not so doable. And we should source the carpet/vinyl in hamburg
if possible...

### I think that the stucloper material which you mentioned in the last
email is a great solution for the floor, I just hope it doesn't slip to
much when wet, anyway things should not be wet at all around the place
because it is dangerous - we need to stock cloths and things so we can
keep the sink area dry.

Marcel

### Thanks a lot Marcel, we are moving forward. So it looks like that
the PayPal account for the campaign is sorted - yours, some of the
rewards are on + Daan's cookies from what I can remember and very
importantly we have the option for the floor cover seems to me. We have
to quickly decide how to sort the self-organized session because 90% of
our activities like cheesetasting, brewing workshop etc. are suppose to
have this tag but we can not create them because the form is not
activated so we just talk about that which is not enough.

### OK once more thanks Marcel, what do you (and others) think about the
suggestions/questions above?

### Thanks FAA