[foodhackingbase] kvasirs diary update, water kefir medium project preparation

Daniel Kolbus kolbus.daniel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 06:41:29 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I have been working with a water kefir culture I bought from (
http://www.culturesforhealth.com) but due to an accident (the bottom of the
glass jar fell off!) it was drastically reduced and as it doesn't multiply
I decided to buy another culture from (http://stockholmnt.tictail.com).
With the first culture I followed the instructions from the seller, but the
grains didn't like it (!) but after adding a piece of dried fruit it got
better.

When comparing recipes to find a medium that facilitates growth we have to
bear in mind the water composition. I use tap water without pre-boiling it
as the chlorine content is pretty low, but I don't know if some nutrient
may lack. This could be an issue for others as well.

Let's hope we find that multiplyer culture medium/technique!

Kr
Daniel