[foodhackingbase] updates on fhb projects

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck algoldor at foodhackingbase.org
Mon Jul 7 03:21:07 CEST 2014

Hi to all,
you can find updates about our projects on the news section of our wiki
pages

https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/News#Prototypes_running.2C_PCB_preparations.2C_water_kefir_project_6.2F7.2F2014

shorter news for the experimental incubator at the news section
dedicated to it

https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/Experimental_incubator_-_news

for the lazy ones below is the text (without the links suffer :-))

Sincerely,

FAA

Prototypes running, PCB preparations, water kefir project 6/7/2014

Lets start from the end, shall we? We have started to work on a
development of growing media which will make tibicos (water kefir)
grains grow well increasing their size and weight and produce tasty
beverage. More info can be found here under the granos tibicos growing
media project. We have also uploaded two new manuals, one for culturing
Tempeh and second for nattō, the later is till in development.

Concerning the incubators, they are being further tested. In both
Marcel's and my case the cooling is still an issue, there were several
problems with the peltiers which should be noted - some of the modules
broke down. Marcel suggests to use for CPU designed water cooling system
on the hot side of the peltier. In my case Algoldor I've been making
nattō heating up to 42-43°C for over 32 hours, all going well but I've
to report that the heatsink got really hot, bit dangerous I would say
with my current establishment, I should rebuild the heating/cooling unit
enclosure and anyone who is ready to go to build their prototype should
really keep the high levels of heat in mind, be safe!
At the moment we are preparing for the PCB version of 2.2 mamut tamna.
When Arnd is back from his holiday we hope to progress. I'm thinking
about talking to the people from the Seeedstudio in China, Shenzhen if
they would be interested in helping with the PCB prototype finalization
and hopefully after debugging put it online to their store as a kit.
Anyway we will see about it, it is as long distance run :-)

That would be all for now, so the plan for the next month and a bit is
to get more people into the granos tibicos/water kefir growing media
project, improving the nattō manual and concerning the incubator work on
the cooling of the peltiers and progressing on designing of the PCB
prototype of 2.2 mamut tamna.

Busy times sounds like, right?

Sincerely,

FAA

Disclaimer - there are other people who have access to this email
account, please be aware of that it is part of the design. For "highly
private communication" use algoldor at yahoo.com