[foodhackingbase] Wiki relaunch

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 31 14:51:01 CET 2014

Hi to all,
I've created an account on the uberspace.de wiki "algoldor" after some struggle with "secret magical ingredient of passion" and code 567 gave me quite some thinking ... :-)

if you (Steffen) or anyone else can give me full admin privileges wit the access to the localsettings.php included great, I hope not to have to use them for a while but well ...

It looks like that there is an agreement on the payment for the hosting with uberspace.de - if so I go forward and pay for that from fhb budget - or rather I would send money by PayPal to someone who can do the bank transfer which info Steffen shared, someone willing? How is it with the certificate? Are the others OK if I cover the cost of  CAcert certificate (for 3 years = 39 eu) from fhb budget? If so I can do that, especially if it is PayPal friendly or again send money to someone by PayPal and ask him/her to do it for us.

Now to the wiki few questions. I see the page is up from 24/1. There are 12 active users, three are us, rest spammers, I see 25 pages, 4 are spamm. If this is what we got for a week than not bad but before on our current wiki we were quite fine at the beginning and it got crazy really quickly therefore I wonder if there is a way how be/make sure that this spamm protection works. Or option number two from my point of view is to finish the redirect, payments, certificates bla bla bla go life and see how it goes. If we have few people around keeping an eye on the pages who have admin rights (with the access to the localsettings.php too) than we should be able to make it, what do you think?

Now if I start to create pages at this new wiki at uberspace.de, they will be all there when we finish the redirect right? If I create an event now on the wiki as for example the "subpage" for the synchronous hackathon is there a way how to share them with public now under some "link" which would however be valid even after the "redirecting" from the old wiki to the new one? So we can start to promote using the new wiki already now with the links being valid even after the transfer.

Please let me know how do you see the topics above, in summary:

- please give me all the admin rights which we need to operate the wiki and the uberspace.de hosting

- who is OK to receive money by PayPal from fhb and do for us bank payment for first year of hosting at uberspace.de for our wiki?

- are you OK if we pay for the CAcert certificate from fhb money, again can we pay by PayPal or who would be OK to receive money from us and do the payment?

- are you happy with the current spamm protection, are you OK to go life if having proper rights to administer the wiki atc.?

- if we create the events/wiki subpages at the uberspace.de now, are they going to be life after we "redirect" to these pages?

- what should be the syntax for "synchronous hackathon on food, beverage and bio  hacking on 14,15 and 16th of February" wiki subpage - using the real namespaces etc.in this case probably something like "events" or "global events" as key words or how you call it

Well that should be all for now, tomorrow we will hit Bulgaria and Sofia, I hope to be online for a bit, mostly on Sunday and Monday.

Sincerely from HackLab Belgrade, Serbia,

Frantisek