[foodhackingbase] Wiki re-install?

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 12:42:58 CET 2014

Hi Steven,
Well you are further than I thought, thanks! I either missed progress or I did not know, the last thing which I noticed was that you got in touch with Christian.

Please let me/list know where is the media wiki being migrated (what service do we use for hosting), on whoes name  is it registered, who has the admin privileges/how to share them, how much the hosting costs etc. (so I can reimburse you from fhb budget). So far the registrations were made on my name (domain registrar done by Christian) so I have the access/privileges and it is quite easy to change the things if I'm contacted - within few days I generally respond. I plan to be involved with Food Hacking Base long term (has been for last three years or so), so if I know the details I can share them with people who get interested in in the future - some people in the past were active for few months after that more relaxed and coming back again for another event, it is quite usual for our group. If I have the privileges and details it doesn't matter too much who is around at the moment because we can move forward easily with other people getting involved.
 For the mailing list it worked for example quite well so far.

I did quite few changes in last several days on the wiki, so it will take some time probably to synchronize it, I did not know for example that you are in the middle of migration already.

Thanks for the energy which you put in I hope that we can synchronize the transfer smoothly (well more or less :-)).

Talk to you soon and please post me/us on the details of the changes, I like the do ocracy style, posting on the progress of the work goes well with it I think however many of our projects were done in a "decent silence" announcing the results later on (have done that several time by myself :-)) . I'm definitely glad that it is being sorted out, I can not do too much on professional level on this, especially now during the tour.

Once more thanks,

Sincerely from PostTenebrasLab,

FAA

PS Please copy me, Ingo and Webmind about the planned captcha protection or what is the current plan to sort the spammers issues, the last named has a good practical experience from TechInc. Proper spam protection and sharing admin privileges are the main things at the moment I would say. Also previously we could not change the "viewed resolutions" of the uploaded pictures they were displayed in native uploaded size which was pained. We have been using Flicker for photos, so we will  should install plugins allowing us to link the pictures easily - I know it is possible but did not do it yet by myself.

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:39 AM, Steffen Beyer <steffen at beyer.io> wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 09:56:29 -0800 (PST), Frantisek Apfelbeck wrote:
> The reinstall of foodhackingbase.org wiki should happen as soon as
> possible, however changes can be done now too we will copy the final
> versions later on.

Feel free to edit to your liking, but expect then to be required to
copy the changes over to the new wiki manually.

I intend to have the migration finished within the next 48 hours.

Steffen Beyer <steffen at beyer.io>