[foodhackingbase] Kefir Workshop

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck algoldor at foodhackingbase.org
Mon Dec 8 13:06:59 CET 2014

Hello Sabine,
thanks for the email and info.

I was actually thinking about the kefir workshop during the last few
days and I think that it would be better to make the workshop which you
are OK to give (thanks :-)) as a "vegan kefir making" or something like
that. FHB was always very vegan friendly and this is something what many
poeple would like to see and learn - I get questions about making kefir
from soy milk on every workshop and I don't have experience with that
unfortunatellly.

So my suggestion is to create special event named "vegan kefir making"
or whatever name you prefer and stress the soy milk usage with kefir
grain culture which is already adjust it to it - and hand the culture
out. This would be beautiful and very special and exactly what you do
long term on regular bases.

What do you think?

Concerning the organization stuff: 10 am on day 4 (30/12) is bit early,
mornings are the "wesk time" concerning people coming to the congress
but it is completely up to you. I would suggest at least 90 min workshop
so there is no stress concerning preparations and cleaning afterwards.
Food Hacking Base assembly is the best place where to have it I think
especially if you want to give a "hands on" session. For hands on
workshop I would do max 15 people so they can still do stuff and there
is enough space.

How does this sounds to you: 30/12, 10 am, Vegan Kefir Making, hands on
workshop, fhb asssembly, 90 min duration, donations welcome no ones
turned away for lack of funds, coordinator Sabine.

As with other events please think about the expensis, we always do our
best that the organizer of the workshop ends up in the worst case at
cash = 0, so you do not have to worry about cost of ingredients - which
we can pay for in advance just let us/me know how much you think you
need, should be fine. Of course we all hope that you end up with nice
amount of donations :-)

Talk to you soon,

Sincerely,

FAA

PS It took me some time but I do think that finally I remeber you and
your English was actually quite fine :-)