[foodhackingbase] 31c3 preparations updates - 3/12/2014

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck algoldor at foodhackingbase.org
Thu Dec 4 12:20:23 CET 2014

Hi to all + Alexander,
I've added links to our 31c3 wikies, I'll add more photos to our
campaign gallery tomorrow. I hope to do a short video of myself to
promote this campaign it will be done today or tomorrow. I do not know
of any video footage from 30c3, one longer movie from our tour but that
is not directly related to this campaign.

I do believe Marcel may do a workshop on kimchi, what do you think
Marcel? :-) I'm considering coming to Hamburg as soon as possible (like
16th of December or so) and prepare for the whole event there but I do
not know well any hackerspace there or people (except you from the
discuss :-)) and so far I do not have any info about opening of the
Hall-H in the CCH building and if I can prepare there together with the
CCC orga. Therefore I'm thinking about preparing at Brmlab in Prague
(which is on the way and I know the people + well equiped) or I'm more
and more considering TechInc in Amsterdam but I do not want to waste
fuel which I would love to be covered at least partly from the fhb funds
like last year - bringing the things would hopefully cover my claim :-).

Anyway I'm open to any suggestions and ideas, I'm getting slightly
overwhelmed by work during the day on the field and organizing in the
evenings :-) I hope for the rain because that means no fieldwork :-)
(but also no money for partying in Europe :-( ).

Sincerely,

FAA

On 2014-12-04 19:24, Alexander Dietrich wrote:
> On 2014-12-03 13:09, Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck wrote:
>
>> Now please check the draft of our crowdsourcing campaign which we will
>> start this Friday
>>
>> http://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/4bcaa468
>
> Sounds good to me so far. You should add some photos of the 30C3 FHB
> and a link to the assembly Wiki, IMHO. Possibly trim the text a little
> once it's done, most people don't read until the end. :)
>
> Is there any video footage from last year? If not, recording some this
> year (in a non-privacy-invading way) would be good.
>
>> Secondly bad news, my girlfriend and one of our Kimchi makers :-)
>> Eunha doesn't come this year, lets hope for CCC camp, I'll do my best
>> to bring her with me - she stays this time to keep our restaurant
>> opened and get some cash in we are really low on the budget.
>
> Too bad, I was looking forward to a Kimchi workshop. Will there still
> be one? I can understand about the restaurant of course.
>
>> Thirdly good news, we will have hackerbus of Moritz from the Openlabs
>> Augsburg to our disposition so it will be easy for us to bring stuff.
>> However as before on 26th and 31th of December we need to bring him
>> and his falk to Hamburg and back. I'm now checking if there is any
>> chance to get the bus to him from Hamburg on 26th by another driver
>> than me. Anyone in touch with Bravo :-)
>
> I haven't driven a car in Germany for years, so I'd rather not
> endanger anyone here now. :) If you need any other pre-congress
> support (I'm in Hamburg), let me know, I'll try to help.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander

Disclaimer - there are other people who have access to this email
account, please be aware of that it is part of the design. For "highly
private communication" use algoldor at yahoo.com