[foodhackingbase] fhb cheese randevou - on

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 13:46:23 CET 2012

Hi to all,
Cheese tasting event is on! Below is the email which I have send to the people who I thought may like to get involved already. There are people interested in, so lets do it! :-) I'm now going to do prepare short proposal of how many types/amounts we may get and based on that how much we would need gather in donations either before or during the event probably combination. Please join the discussion, say if you would like to bring some cheese, olives, wine etc. just make it happen, make it cool!

Here is the link to the proposal at "FHB Cheese Randevou" more info in the email below

https://events.ccc.de/congress/2012/wiki/FHB_Cheese_Randevou

INTRODUCTORY EMAIL

Based on success of last year cheese tasting event hold by Françoise I am thinking about helping to organize the "cheese tasting event" again. It occurred to me that having two separate events would be better. One smaller more for Food Hacking Base (fhb) community and one more for public and I would like to know what do you think about it.

For the first smaller one, fhb I was thinking about asking various people
who I know in person and hackerspace communities which I have visited up to get involved and bring some smaller quantity of cheese which they
really like, few types if possible, smaller amount (maybe for tasting
20-30 people?) and country or regionally specific. It would be good to
mention who would like to get involved and what they would like to bring so we do not get 10x mozzarella :-), similar system as Maxx and Webmind created on the wikipage below for fermentation cultures switch

https://events.ccc.de/congress/2012/wiki/FHB_Culture_Exchange_and_Contributions

If
we could do this on a base of share so we would kind of all bring
something in like a manner "potluck" so no need to exchange cash that would be
great. We could have cash out option if someone needs, fhb budget could be used for that. So that is the first fhb community one.

The
second event would be bigger in attendance so less types of cheese and
bit bigger amount would be better, with the aim of covering the expenses of the cheeses from "donations". If someone does not want to
cover their expanses OK but in general I think it would be good to have consensus that we cover it.

For both events I would suggests to have some wines (I would
certainly need advice there), olives, sun dried tomatoes, cheese crackers etc. Amounts of cheeses and other ingredients should be discussed, so we
have idea how much we need. This of course depends on how many people we would expect. My guess and that is all what is it now would be around 20-30 people for fhb event and maybe 50-70 people
for the bigger one? I'm putting bit more detailed proposal together now, will publish it on the FHB Cheese Randevou page within next day or two

https://events.ccc.de/congress/2012/wiki/FHB_Cheese_Randevou

Well let me know how do you see it. At this moment I do not have
"officially" cash or paypal funds for fhb funds yet but that will come
soon this is one of the events which people will contribute to see happen, I'm quite certain about that and if organized properly we will end up cash positive.

One of the reasons why I really would like to see this to happen is, that I did not have a chance to have a good cheese (with one exception) since I left Europe which is now close to a year ago and I am huge fan, wanting to make my own in the future so I have kind of "long term  deficit".

Please let me know how do you see it, I would like to proceed/announce this within 2-3 days to the international community.

Sincerely from Seoul,

FAA