[Foodhacking_at_camp] food hacking at 28c3 - proposals

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 06:55:11 CET 2011

Hi Frantisek,

Great to hear this!
Will we be able to do hot cooking?

After a discussion with friends I will probably make a 'Gretschnewaja
Kascha/Гречневая каша' workshop. This is one of *the* cereals in xUSSR
and is tasty and very healthy. So I was surprised when friends told me
it's known in Europe at all (at least in Germany). As many cereals,
it's extremely easy to cook, but only if you know how. :) I can
show/make few recipes from plain "grechka" to some more advanced ones.

Surprisingly, there is even no English page for this dish on Wikipedia:
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%93%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%88%D0%B0
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gretschnewaja_Kascha

Pictures of "grechka" in Google:
http://www.google.ru/search?q=%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%87%D0%BA%D0%B0&hl=ru&newwindow=1&prmd=imvnsr&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=D6rAToX5F7T04QSit9yrBA&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=903&sei=36zATr3DCPHY4QTikKHJBA

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 02:01, Frantisek Apfelbeck <algoldor at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi to all,
> I'm checking the environment/conditions for food and beverage hacking at
> 28c3.
> Can the people who would like to give workshops come forward with proposals,
> so we know where we are, what type of equipment we may need, time slots etc?
> I'll be coordinating with the organizers so we can do our best and promote
> the food hacking in a cool way and have fun! This time we should have more
> time for our selfs so it will be more relaxed which I'm looking forward
> too.
>
> In other words, "the show is on, welcome!" :-))
> Sincerely,
> Frantisek
> PS There is a big hype of "life butchering" in USA. Alas, I do not think
> that we will be able to massacre any animals anywhere close to the
> Alexanderplatz :-((( Well maybe insect cooking, but if some 2000 crickets
> gets away, I think that cpunkt would skin us alive ... (it happened to us
> once on my former faculty of biology and we had wonderful cricket songs in
> our computer labs for more than half year, it was super :-)))

Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.