[Foodhacking_at_camp] many thanks

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 21:04:30 CEST 2011

The advantage of closed bottle in kefir fermentations may be various. My favorite advantage of this approach is the capture of carbon dioxide in the "yogurt" so you will get a really nice sparkling product. I consider that to be very tasty. I do assume that the anaerobic conditions are beneficial to the anaerobic bacteria present in the culture.

Best luck with experiments,

Sincerely,

Frantisek