[foodhacking] water kefir culture - fermenting well but not growing, ideas?

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 10 08:57:37 CEST 2013

Hi to all,
The water kefir grain culture which I got from "someone" (can not find a contact on the girl, someone knows her?) at OHM2013 and shared further is fermenting nicely but the grains are not increasing their weight. I have posted more info below on the Wild Fermentation forum hoping that someone can help

http://www.wildfermentation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4300

Does any one here has idea what to do so the grains start to grow? With kombucha and milk kefir grains I'm able to double their weight within 1.5 months quite easily.

Many thanks for any info,

Sincerely,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker